The business world is going through enormous changes post-Covid 19 and employees are finding it difficult to cope as they emerge from the pandemic. This is where a well-organised Employee Assistance Program (EAP) comes into play, helping with the physical and mental aspects of the individual employee.
38.8 million estimated working days were lost due to work-related ill health and non-fatal workplace injuries in 2019/20. Stress, depression or anxiety and musculoskeletal disorders accounted for the majority of days lost due to work-related ill health, 17.9 million and 8.9 million respectively.
On average, each person suffering took around 17.6 days off work. You only need to look at the readily available data online. This varies as follows:
- 9.1 days for injuries
- 20 days for ill health
- 21.6 days for stress, depression and anxiety
What are some of the common problems faced by employees in a workplace?
- Anxiety and depression
- Communication breakdown
- Intermittent sickness
- Long term Covid
- Social anxieties post Covid – returning to the workplace
- Work-related difficulties
- Benefits of an Employee Assistance Program
Why Employee Assistance Programs?
Supporting your employees means you are working towards building a healthy company culture. The main features and benefits of an EAP that incorporates talking therapies are as follows:-
- Accessibility – employees can access the service online and face to face at a time that suits them
- Availability – we do not restrict employees to 6 sessions only and work with you the employer to organise the best package
- Confidential – One of the most essential and crucial elements is that we keep your employees details 100% confidential.
1. Reduced Absenteeism
The well-being of employees should always be a prime focus of any organisation. If that is something your business ignores, then your employees will feel less valued and will try to skip work.
To reduce absenteeism, organisations can implement Employee Assistance Programs where employees can raise their concerns effectively and openly. This will not only help automate the process, but it will also help your business to pinpoint an employee’s concern.
2. Increased Productivity
Distraction from personal or professional problems is the primary productivity killers of your employees. They become less motivated and creative at work which impedes the flow of work. Once you assist an employee in taking care of all the difficulties they tend to face personally and professionally, whether the challenges are rooted at work or other conflicts within the workspace, then you reduce unnecessary distractions and help them focus more on their jobs.
3. Positive work environment
A working environment where employees are stressed is not a healthy environment and ultimately, productivity drops and results in employees leaving the organisation or going on sick. When your employees are functioning well and less stressed, then they are more bound to be loyal and have better concentration. This results in a change of mood and ultimately a reduction in stress levels.
4. Improves Morale
EAPs play a significant role in clarifying the problems that your employees might be facing. Once you get a better understanding of their issues with the help of a well-structured employee assisted program, you will be able to assist them in solving it. This not only improves your employees’ morale, but it also increases their working capabilities.
Implementation of Employee Assistance Programs
We will have an open discussion on how your organisation can successfully implement an EAP.
1. Plan the Structure
- Will build a firm foundation and structure of your EAP
- We can set targets and goals that you want to achieve
- There will be a clear route to access the service once in place
- Flexibility in your needs will be key, making your EAP program much more effective and helpful to your business in the long run.
2. The Budget
- From the outset we will structure a package that works for your business
- We will be transparent as to the scope of the service on offer
- Why trust our professionals at UK Counselling Network CIC?
- We are an award winning social enterprise that prides itself on providing expert help through a wonderful team of qualified therapists
- Our therapists will work closely with each member of your team and understand their needs
- Packages will be tailored to your exact needs and budget
The program can be implemented fairly swiftly into your business. Your EAP will be an asset that helps employees deal with their everyday problems that provide an opportunity to boost their morale and productivity. At the end of the day, the workspace should be a place where every employee feels at home and looks forward to being their best.
And finally, having an EAP can mean that your employees are happier and healthier than they would be without support, which leads to better job performance and overall better mental health. For more information, contact Sally on 0113 285 2899 or email: email@example.com